Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blog, what blog??






Good grief. I really cannot believe I haven't written on here since Christmas. 2009 has come in much as 2008 went out... busy.
We had a great Christmas. We went to church on Christmas eve, then enjoyed some Chinese food with some of our great neighbors. Christmas morning was opening presents and gingerbread waffles. Mom and Dad came later in the day, and we feasted on the traditional (or not) Christmas fajitas.
We left on New Year's Day for Lutsen, MN and went skiing with three other families. We had a great time, then came home to get back to reality (less of a great time!).

I'm curious as to what happened to January. I blinked and it was gone. We made the annual pilgrimage to Ames to watch KU battle ISU. I'm happy to report that we still haven't seen the Jayhawks lose there! Oh yeah, and I just had a birthday... thus the Benihana picture. The photographer apparently though Donna's head was extraneous.

Both kids are doing well and keeping busy. Jerod is reading, which is amazing. I didn't realize that would happen in kindergarten (being the oldest kid in his class may have something to do with it). In addition to school, he's still taking piano lessons; and is becoming quite skilled on the snowboard. Elise goes to school on Thursdays and Fridays, and takes in swimming lessons and gymnastics.

We are really really ready to be done with winter. This has been a tough one in terms of weather. Despite the doldrums, Chris and I are looking to spring and are currently signed up for two half marathons... one in April and one in May.

This sounds like a Christmas letter, but I guess I felt I had some catching up to do...

No comments: