Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turn off the iPod, put your underwear on, and go to bed--You're getting on my nerves!!!

These words actually came out of my mouth last night! I think Jerod had gotten out of bed about five or six times. Chris and I were downstairs watching TV. On one of his earlier ventures down the stairs, he had mentioned to me that he wasn't wearing underwear because, "I want to be like Carter." I'm not sure what that's about, but in this family, we wear underwear!! He did finally find the will power (or necessary exhaustion level) to stay in bed and go to sleep :)
The J-man is definitely in a defiant stage. It's lovely. He seems a little young to be coming to the conclusion that his mother's an idiot (I thought that would be more in the teen years), but here we are. How many minutes until kindergarten starts??!! If I'm not completely annoying him with my stupidity, I'm pushing all the right buttons to turn on his water works. Fabulous.
On a more positive note, he did tell me yesterday how much he likes having me for a mom because I apparently make the best grilled cheese on earth. Must be my secret ingredient... american cheese.
I think we may have finally turned the corner and are headed toward spring. The pool is calling us, so hopefully it will warm up soon!
Tonight we are going to the Timberwolves game. They gave us free tickets because we're such valuable fans. We've been to about three games in eight years, so I don't exactly understand how we can be that valuable, but we'll take free tickets. On Friday evening, we'll be watching the Twins. Jerod has been selected to be one of TC's cubs for the evening. He gets to put on a bear costume and go out on the field with TC. He is SUPER excited, so check back soon for some fun pictures!

No comments: