Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why do we live here???

The weather here is just completely out of line. Chris and I ran in an event last weekend called the Get in Gear 10k. Also often referred to as Minnesota's Rite of Spring. Well, our rite of spring this year included temps in the 30's, gusty winds, and snow. Not nice big fluffy flakes, but tiny pelting bullets of snow. I was a little bitter.
Chris had been looking forward to this all year, referring to it as his Super Bowl. I was less fired up, so I was pretty sure we wouldn't finish together. My goal was to start with him and stick with him as long as I could, then let him go on his merry way without me. He started out like a bullet and I gave up on running with him after about a mile and a half. I did end up catching him in the end and we actually finished together. We were head on into the wind for about the last 3/4 of a mile, which I must say, actually helped my time. It was too stinking cold not to go fast and get done! We both ended up with a personal record-- 52:20. All good and well, but this weather needs to change soon!!
There's not much else going on around here. Speaker guys are here today putting some finishing touches on the patio sound system. If it ever warms up, we'll be able to listen to music on the new patio. The lights have arrived, but are not yet installed. We are VERY ready to be enjoying the new space.
Other news is that I started a part time job about two weeks ago. I wasn't looking for work, but an opportunity that I didn't want to refuse fell into my lap. I'm working a few hours a week at a local running store. It's a nice diversion from the family and I couldn't pass up an employee discount on running stuff :)
Jerod starts T-ball and soccer this week. The summer is shaping up to be a busy one, but we can't wait. We are ready to be outside!



Here's Elise, looking like she's getting ready to do some gangsta rap




No comments: