Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This is not all that interesting

May 1, 2010

Wowza—it’s May!

We are chugging along, still generally enjoying this early spring. Big news of the week for Chris and me is that we are now on a Ragnar team… a.k.a 12 people crazy enough to sign on for a 198 mile relay running race from Winona to Mpls. We’ve talked about doing it for years, and this week it finally came together. Four of the people we know, the other eight are total and complete strangers found via a ‘find a team’ function on the ragnar website. We’ll each run three legs—that can vary in distance from three to eight miles. And, here’s the kicker, the race goes through the night. Hmmm…

My parents arrived on Wednesday as planned. We went out yesterday evening and had dinner with them. Their place is really nice. I wish it were just a wee bit closer, but overall it’s great. I think they’re going to come tomorrow evening (Sunday) and we’re going to eat with Donna.

Today and this evening will be a first for this Kansas rooted family. We’re going to a neighbor’s Bar Mitzvah. I’m pretty excited to experience something different. The ceremony is this morning, then tonight’s the par-tay. I can already tell you that I would compare the amount of planning work that Valette (the mom) has put in is on par with that of a wedding. It’s pretty insane… I cannot even begin to imagine what the final price tag will be. All for a 13 year old boy!

Chris and I are looking forward to our next Twins game on Thursday. Those damn Tigers won the series last week. Can’t win them all I guess J Seemed like last night they were back on track against Cleveland.

The kids are good. Hard to believe we’re just 16 days away from having an eight year old. J’s decided that he wants to take two kids to a Twins game and then have a sleep over. While I’m not thrilled about the sleep over part, I’m totally stoked that we’re not looking at a party with throngs of seven and eight year olds!

Elise is… umm… just Elise. She’s spent pretty much the whole week in a foul mood. Not exactly sure what her deal is, but I think she’s officially sick of me and ready to go to school.

That is kinda sorta all I know.

No comments: