Saturday, February 5, 2011

Living the Dream

At A Glance image

The holiday season was very good to me, on many levels. I could elaborate on that, but for now, I'll just say that I got a Kindle. I had wanted one for some time, but couldn't really find a reason to spend the money. Hooray for my groovy husband! Like everyone I know that has one, I love, love, love this thing. Ample reading material that fits perfectly in my purse and is always at the ready... what's not to love?!
I stole the title of this post from my friend Danielle, who once wrote a post about hers. She told about how you could get a free sample of a book before committing to purchasing it; thus having a pretty darn good idea if you really wanted to read the whole thing before shelling out the bucks. She finished the post with something like, "I'm living the dream, folks." I should link to the post, but I'm too lazy. You get the idea.
I now know exactly how she feels. I finished a book today and was really torn about what to read next. I have a long 'want to read' list, but narrowed it down to two. No problemo, because I just ordered the two free samples. Can't wait to read them and make my final decision. I'm living the dream folks.




1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yes, Kindles are the best, glad you are enjoying it! After you download some books, let's trade kindles and we can read what each other has, check out my blog for what I've recently read.