Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whirlwind trip to Ames





We made our third annual trip to Ames, Iowa yesterday to watch KU play Iowa State. Usually the kids stay with Grandma and Grandpa Keith, but due to scheduling, they stayed with us this year and took in their first Jayhawk basketball game. I'm happy to report they made it through the whole game (though for the last 15 minutes or so Elise kept saying, "I want to go home!").

We left yesterday at 1:00 and were back in town by 11:30 this morning, so it was a quick trip and I'm tired! Sleeping in a hotel with my kids is never a restful experience and poor Elise spent a good portion of the night coughing. All in all, though, a very fun trip.

Chris and I ventured to Lutsen, MN last week while Grandma Kathi stayed here with the kiddos. We were greeted by a full moon and a lunar eclipse when we got there. It was quite a sight over Lake Superior. I took a downhill skiing lesson and for the first time in my life I'm able to do something besides snowplow on skis, so that's exciting. On Saturday I made my first attmept at cross country skiing. I had absolutely no idea that I needed to plan on spending so much time on my butt. Let's just say I haven't yet figured out how to stop. It also was a very fun trip.




No comments: