Saturday, April 10, 2010

Letters

picture from last Saturday's Easter Egg Hunt


Circumstances of life are such right now that I'm in a place that requires letter writing. It's a lost art, but one that I'm trying to find. My skills are beyond rusty. But, I'm writing a weekly letter to a relative who doesn't have access to the 'world wide interweb' and they contain pretty much all the minutiae of our lives. Since I'm doing the writing anyway, I've decided I may as well post the text (or most of it anyway) on here. Since you care. :) Here's this week's report on the Holts of Bernard Place:

Hope this finds you doing well. We’ve had a busy but good week with more beautiful spring weather. I feel an awful lot like my grandma when I write these letters… all about the weather and the minutiae of daily life!

In our house, the best news of the week is that the Twins are off to a blazing start. They dropped their first game to the Angels, but have since won four straight. We haven’t seen much of the action, as that west coast game play is too damn late for our old souls. We did stay up last night to watch them beat the White Sox in overtime, though. J.J. Hardy got the winning RBI. He’s definitely in the running for the title of “Anne’s favorite Twin.” I’m sure he’ll be flattered… ha!

Jerod got a very obnoxious, very Edina hoody yesterday with a big ol’ hornet on the front and his name on the back. We have come completely to the dark side of WASP-y suburbia!! He finished the sixth Harry Potter yesterday and was disappointed because he only got 18 out of 20 on the comprehension test. He’s such a little nerd!

Elise is still nuts. I can’t remember if I mentioned this already or not, but she learned to ride her bike without training wheels last week. It was a very Elise moment. On a random Tuesday she says to me, “I’m going to learn to ride my bike without training wheels today.” I’m like, yeah… whatever. She proceeded to hound me until I took her outside, removed the training wheels and took her to the street. Within five minutes she was totally cruising. She still has trouble getting started on her own. Once she’s going, though, there’s no stopping her.

My folks closed on their townhouse last Tuesday. We went out to see it. They’re moving on the 28th. Once the moving ball got rolling, it went quickly! Tuesday was also my dad’s b-day. He chose Friday’s, of all places, because they have some foo foo cocktail he wanted to order. Seeeeriously!

Chris and I are currently training for the Minneapolis half marathon on June 6, and then will begin full marathon training after that. It’s definitely a daunting challenge, but I’m looking forward to lots of time on the trails. It’s not always fun, but it’s always quiet… which is a treat for me. Tonight we’re heading to Nye’s to watch our normally vegetarian neighbors eat some polska kielbasa (sp??) in honor of her birthday (she’s of Polish descent). Should be interesting!

So... there ya go. I don't promise it will always be interesting. Most weeks it won't!

No comments: