Sunday, April 18, 2010

Outdoor Baseball!


Thome on the jumbotron
Mauer on the jumbotron




My new best buddy, Scott Podsednik

The view from our seats
Where the heck are our seats??!!
Elise's fashion creation

Here's the letter for the week. It was a good one (the week, I mean... not the letter)!

April 17, 2010

Hello-

It’s another beautiful Saturday here in Pleasantville. Chris and I are getting ready to head out for a seven mile run. We’ll then be coming home to shower and get ready for our first trek to Target field. We’re looking forward to a game that will require sunscreen as opposed to a vitamin D supplement! They’re playing the Royals, who they beat something like 10-0 last night. Hopefully they’ve got a few hits left in them for today.

This week brought a first in parenting for me, as Elise had to get a filling. It sucked! She did fine, but I was a wreck. After her run-in with Swine ’09 last fall, I HATE the Elise/anesthesia combination. Her quintessential Elise moment of the week was on Wednesday, when she came out of her room dressed in a shirt and pants that could never dream of looking ok together. When I told her they didn’t match, she replied with, “Mom… THIS (pointing at her shirt) is my favorite shirt. THIS (pointing at her pants), is my favorite pair of pants. They match.” I’d imagine you can just hear her snotty little ‘my mom’s an idiot’ voice. FYI… two favorites, apparently, comprise a match (despite color).

Jerod is on page 396 of 749 (he just gave me the exact numbers) of the final Harry Potter. I went to his parent teacher conference on Thursday. He’s doing well,(tearing up reading, science and math; doing less than stellar in handwriting) other than some squirrely behavior lately. I think he’s definitely ready for summer.

April 18, 2010

OK… so we left for that run at 8, and I didn’t get finished before we left. After that, the day was a complete whirlwind. Everyone is raving about the new Target field. I’m sure it’s lovely, but all I really know was that I got to spend 2+ hours in the sun watching America’s favorite pastime, and it was awesome. The good guys won 6-5… it was pretty unbelievable. After the game you could watch post-game interviews on the jumbotron (no idea how to spell that). It was really cool to see Coomer up there interviewing Mauer and then Thome (our new DH). We did learn a lot about outdoor baseball. Things like, we really need four hats (instead of one) when we walk out the door, and a hat won’t protect a seven-year old’s neckline from sunburn. We’ll do better next time!

That is all I know for now. I see on the Twins schedule that they play the Tigers on the 27th, 28th, and 29th; so you can look forward to that on your radio :-) I’m going to wind this up so we can get ready for church. Jerod will be serving as a greeter today. Should be interesting!



No comments: