Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Justice League of Bernard Place





Now Jerod has his own super hero jammies (found for the bargain price of $2.18 on clearance at Target... just the thing for his cheapo parents!!). It's nice because, for the time being, we don't get any complaints when we say it's time to get your jammies on. It's less nice, however, because it's the only thing Elise ever wants to wear. The minute we walk in the house it's, "I want batman jammies." We went out to eat this evening and she ended up wearing them under her street clothes. I didn't have the energy to take on that battle, so she won. It was a whopping six degrees outside, so I suppose an extra layer of clothes didn't hurt anything.

Elise has recently started swimming lessons at the YMCA. The girl was born for the water and has been in heaven. One of these weeks I hope to remember my camera... it may be the only way I get a picture of her in something other than the jammies! She sits on the side of the pool and gives all out belly laughs. It's awesome :)

Jerod registers for kindergarten tomorrow. He's going to quite possibly be the oldest kindergartner in the history of North America, so I guess we can't put it off any longer! Times they are a changin'. I think it's safe to say we all have mixed feelings about this new chapter in our lives. Despite the fact that when he starts school we will have lived in this house for four years, I think he still probably won't know a single soul in his class. There's so many different programs and schools here that the neighborhood kids just scatter in one hundred different directions when they leave for school in the mornings. It's like living in a foreign country for those of us who grew up in small towns. I'm not sure I care for it!

No comments: