Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday





Chris is a little under the weather today, so I've kind of been on single parent duty. Kind of a bummer on a Saturday, but the kids have been good. I think the highlight of their weekend thus far was going to McDonalds with dad last night while I had book club. Chris came home commenting on Jerod's charisma. Apparently in the hour they were there (playing in the indoor play structure), Jerod had met four kids and was asking for emails so we could arrange play dates. One of the girls he met wanted to kiss him goodbye... who can blame her?!

Jerod had soccer this morning, then we had some quiet time at home, then he and I headed to Blockbuster and Sam's Club while Elise and Chris took a snooze. Jerod picked out some new Scooby Doo cartoon to watch. Boy, was it awful! Some things just don't get better with age!

Elise continues to talk more and more, and only had one potty accident this week (and, in her defense, she did try to tell us... long story). I keep waiting for disaster to strike, because this has been way too easy (though I feel I deserve an easy one after Jerod!).

We missed watching the 'hawks play today with all the hubbub, but they took it to Nebraska 84-49. Very Impressive! FYI-the Jayhawk in the picture on the right is Cole Aldrich, who went to high school in Bloomington- just a few miles from us.
Things we're looking forward to:
  • A visit early next week from Grandma & Grandpa Keith
  • A visit in a couple of weeks from Grandma Kathi who has asked that Chris and I leave while she's here. I don't know if I should be ecstatic or offended... I think I'll go with ecstatic!!!
  • Kindergarten- The J-Man is definitely ready for more stimulation than I'm able to provide these days!
  • Summer!!!!! It was slightly warmer today, but this winter is seeming sooooo long (and unfortunately we've got a ways to go!)




No comments: