Sunday, January 13, 2008

Soccer, etc.










































Here's some random pictures. Jerod playing soccer, Elise and Jerod playing dress up, Elise in her most favorite batman jammies, and Elise hanging out with her pal Charlie while Jerod plays soccer. I feel I should mention that I have video of Jerod tap dancing in the ruby red slippers from the Wizard of Oz dress up set and he begged me to post it. We compromised and posted the photo, which I'm sure will one day cause him sufficient mortification (but he REALLY wanted it on here). The video would just add salt to the wound...

Big drama of the weekend is that Jerod has been wait-listed for the continuous progress program that we REALLY wanted him in next year. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but definitely a disappointment. He had a spot last year, but we decided to wait another year for kindergarten. For the first time, I'm having to deal with a little regret about that decision. As I said, not REALLY a big deal, but when you live in Edina (which folks say stands for 'Every Day I Need Attention'), these are the things one gets worked up over. He'll miss out on being in the program with some of his best pals, which is my biggest disappointment, but I suppose this is how one builds character. These big city schools still throw us small towners for a loop!


On a higher note, Elise's word of the week is AWESOME. The other day Chris told her she was cute. She replied with, "No, I'm awesome!" There is no shortage of entertainment around here these days!

No comments: